Conor McGregor has confessed that he is already training his five-month-old son to be a boxer, even making him do squats.
The Irishman, who was defeated by Floyd Mayweather last month, said he hopes Conor Jr will follow in his footsteps.
The 29-year-old revealed his MMA future during a question and answer session with fans yesterday in Scotland.
The Sun reports that McGregor said: “I have a son now. When he grows up I’m going to put him into sport. I believe sport is the best thing you can do often hold.
“I’ve already begun training him. He’s already leaps and bounds ahead of schedule.
“He’s only five months old. He can stand balance on his feet. I have this little method where I have him doing a squat.
“I lie him on my legs. I lift my legs up and I put him in the squat position and then hold his hands and then hold him and he raises himself up in a squat.
“I’ve been doing little things like that and that’s from the bell, from day one. It’s like a blank canvas.
“I think I’m going to raise a special special young boy who’s going to go on and achieve great things. I’m very excited about that.
“Like I said I’m going to put him into training, sport, fighting. I’m not going to push him into fighting. If he wants to fight that’s great. If not it’s his own decision but he will be skilled in how to fight.”
It comes after The Independent reported the 29-year-old is very close to signing a deal to take on Nate Diaz on December 30.
The pair’s third fight will mostly take place in Las Vegas. A source claims that friends and family are so sure the fight will take place that they have already booked flights to Vegas, according to the report.