Saturday , November 18 2017
Home / People & Places / Cheshire Gardener ‘Almost Died’ After Bitten By A Spider

Cheshire Gardener ‘Almost Died’ After Bitten By A Spider

After a bite from the spider a gardener said that he almost died which was lurking in the sleeve of his dressing gown. Due to the bite he was left unable to breath.

Gardener, Paul Thomasson, 39, after bitten by a mouse spider suffered a severe allergic reaction that left him covered in hives, which are common in UK homes.

It emerged from the inside of his robe and nipped him and he felt his back go ‘red hot’ straightaway.

Paul Thomasson, 39, suffered a severe allergic reaction that left him covered in hives after he was bitten by a mouse spider

After the bite, his condition had worsened – he could no longer breathe and his back was covered in small lumps.

Mouse spiders can grow up to 3cm in length and are among the most venomous to be found in Britain.

Soon after being bitten, his condition had worsened – he felt his back go ‘red hot’ and it was covered in small lumps

Charlotte, his wife, called 999 and paramedics gave him an injection to aid the reaction, but he must now carry an EpiPen with him at all times.

‘In the space of about ten minutes I went from relaxing in the bath to being terrified for my life,’ he told the Liverpool Echo.

‘I think I’ve seen maybe four or five of them in the house since we moved in [in 2014].

‘I don’t know if it’s just that type of spider I’m allergic to, but I’m not taking any chances.’

He is not the first Briton to suffer a severe reaction to a bite from a spider in recent weeks.

Lauren Boddy, from Reading, Berkshire, was put in hospital needing two operations after a woodlouse spider bit her as she sat on the toilet.

Royal Berkshire Hospital, doctors sent her home with antibiotics, but her conditioned worsened and two days later she was back in, this time on a drip and needing surgery.

Courtney Thompson, 19, was rushed to hospital by her mother after she was attacked by a spider at her family home in Crawley, Sussex.

She was sent home after her leg was dressed, but the tiny bite quickly developed into a a deep gash.

Lauren Boddy, from Reading, Berkshire, was put in hospital needing two operations after a spider bit her as she sat on the toilet

Courtney Thompson, 19, was rushed to hospital by her mother after she was attacked by a spider at her family home in Crawley, Sussex

Photo: Dailymail

Source

About Juti

Check Also

Woman Put For Sale By Her Kuwaiti Husband

In a shocking incident, a Kuwaiti man tried to sell his wife for $650 to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar