LCPA (London Centre For Public Affairs), an independent, nongovernmental organisation has urged British media outlets to be vary of the UAE’s anti-Qatar sponsored conference titled ‘Global Security & Stability Conference’ to be held next week.
“LCPA can confirm that a number of British MPs have dropped from the conference following our extensive awareness campaign. We also confirm that a keynote speaker and three academics have withdrawn,” the report said.
The centre has advised British MPs, Lords and academics and speakers to stay away from this controversial event.
LCPA has advised British media outlets to be vigilant and question the real motive behind the event. According to the centre, key questions remain unanswered by the organisers. The questions are as follows:
1) Which PR companies are organising this event?
2) Why there is no paperwork and agenda for the event?
3) Why no names of speakers were announced, despite the claim of organisers that hundreds are due to attend and dozens to speak?
4) Who are the Qatari opposition figures? When did they become opposition? Who funds them?
5) Why the UAE ministry of information is securing flights and accommodation for participants?
6) Who is Khalid al Hail? What’s his history? Is there any Interpol warrant against him? Has he been criminally convicted before in Qatar for financial crimes?