Expat women staying in Qatar go to their home country during pregnancy as they want to be close to their extended family during the delivery.
New born babies are provided with free visa on arrival provided they arrive in Qatar within six months of their birth.
The baby must have a valid passport isssued from their home country and the mother must be under the sponsorship of her husband. Original birth certificate must be provided to the authorities at the port of entry.
The Ministry of Interior had tweeted the conditions for issuing on-arrival visa for new-born babies born outside Qatar on their arrival at the port of entry.
1) The father and mother should have a valid residence permit in Qatar.
2) The baby should be not more than 6 months old
3) The wife should be on the sponsorship of the husband.
4) Original birth certificate and valid passport if the baby.
5) Free of cost
6) The visa is provided for new born babies on arrival along with their parents at the entry border.
— Ministry of Interior (@MOI_QatarEn) 22 August 2017