Hassan Al-Thawadi, Secretary General the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, said that Qatar has managed to carry out the works thanks to alternative suppliers.
He said that the impact of crisis was minimum. “In terms of stadium progress or stadium construction and infrastructure requirements for the World Cup, progress is being made as well.”
He added that the crisis has “caused an inconvenience”.
Asked outright if projects had been delayed, Thawadi responded: “Projects are on schedule. No delays have occurred.”
Qatar has been blocked by its neighbours since June after being accused of supporting terrorism, however, all such allegations were denied by Doha.
Qatar has given initial priority to Gulf supplies for the constructions, around $500m a week is being spent on a weekly basis by the gas rich nation.
There were some doubts regarding the completion of project as scheduled by Qatar after the crisis broke out. But Doha has said it swiftly replaced Saudi and UAE companies with Chinese and Malaysian contractors, among others, since June 5.