Diabetes is one of the most common diseases around the world and has been on the radar of concern for many countries. Whether it is type 1 or 2 diabetes the most important thing to know is to maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
People are still struggling to find a solution for this disease but what if we told you that some of the solutions for this can be found right in your kitchen cabinet.
Here are 6 herbs and spices that are great to help treat diabetes at home:
- Cinnamon: studies have shown that this spice can lower blood sugar levels and helps decrease inflammation. Although some more research is needed it cannot be denied that they do not have any effects on diabetes.
- Basil: Due to its high flavonoid content this herb is great for treating diabetes.
- Chamomile: This herb is so wonderful that it not only lowers blood sugar levels but also avoids complications from the disease. Chamomile removes excess sugar present in the blood and helps transfer it to the liver instead. It is also great for hypo tension as it helps calm the nerves.
- Cumin: Cumin to known to lower both blood sugar and cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps fight harmful lipids and proteins.
- Turmeric: its anti-inflammatory in nature and also helps lower blood sugar level. It has other benefits for the body too so it will make a great ingredient for cooking with.
- Cayenne: this is a spice that is leaning more towards the spicy side which is why it has great potential in increasing the fat burning process of the body. This in turn reduces blood sugar levels but also controls cholesterol and harmful blood clots in the body.
So try out these spices in your cooking and see how it will benefit your health and stabilize your blood sugar level.